Last modified: September 29, 2014
Urban Us Public Benefit Corporation (“Company” or “We” or “Us”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Company’s website www.urban.us (our “Website“) or access and use the Urban.Us Network, an online platform owned and operated by the Company (the “Network”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Website or through the Network.
- In e-mail, text, message boards, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features and other electronic messages between you and our Website or the Network.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated any third party; or
- any third party.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website or the Network, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone (“personal information“);
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and the Network and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website and the Network may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website and through the Network. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Network, updating personal profiles, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or the Network.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses).
- Your search queries on our Website or through the Network
You also may post, submit, publish, display or transmit (hereinafter, “Post“) information, text, images, video and audio or any other materials (collectively, “User Contributions“) on the Network, and through the Network to the Company and other registered users of the Network
Your User Contributions are Posted on the Network and transmitted to other registered users within the Network at your own risk.
Any User Contributions you Post to the Network will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
Although we limit access to the Network to registered users of the Network, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other registered users of the Network, who will have access to your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by and distributed to unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website and the Network, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information from your web browser or mobile device about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website and the Network, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or through the Network.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and the Network and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Understand our registered user’s usage patterns so that we can continue to enhance the Network.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website, E-mails and the Network according to your individual interests and enable other registered user to find you.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website and the Network.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and the Network and its contents to you.
- To enable other registered users to find and connect with you.
- To provide you with information you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website and the Network, and any products or services we offer or provide through them.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To an investor, buyer or other successor in the event of an investment, merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Urban Us Public Benefit Corporation’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Urban Us Public Benefit Corporation about our Website and the Network users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Urban Us Public Benefit Corporation, our registered users or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Network and visiting your account profile page.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to [SHAUN ADD E-MAIL ADDRESS] or write us at: 400 NW 26th Street, Miami, Florida, 33127.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to the Network, or certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or the Network. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website or the Network
400 NW 26th Street, Miami, Florida, 33127 or firstname.lastname@example.org.