From Microsoft Ventures :
To help ignite this new wave of connected devices and services, we launched a new Microsoft Ventures Accelerator in Seattle, in partnership with American Family Insurance, that will focus on home automation (domotics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domotics) We will help startups foster exciting new ideas by providing customer access, mentorship, technology, capital and expertise to build global companies. Startups can apply now, atwww.microsoftventures.com.
We work with top entrepreneurs to provide the resources and expertise they need to launch their company. Benefits include:
• $100,000 USD value of direct benefits, with no equity taken by Microsoft.
• Minimum $25k optional equity investment from American Family Ventures.
• Mentorship from top entrepreneurs, investors, and Microsoft and American Family executives.
• Office space at Microsoft facilities.
• Microsoft BizSpark membership which includes access to software, developer tools, services and support.
• $60,000 in Windows Azure credits through the Microsoft BizSpark Plus program.
• Full curriculum of business and technical training and support.
• Partner benefits that include pro-bono and discounted legal, accounting, banking services.
• Global access to customers and investors.
• Demo Day presentation to angel investors and VCs.
Since we are focusing on Domotics examples of particular interest are:
Startups creating First-party gateways
Writing Light weight protocols/standards
High on MGD/B2B2C predictive analytics
Writing interoperability ‘languages’
Traditional device integration (with end-nodes)
Conquering either of a combination of the three “Layers” – Device Layer/Information Layer/Intelligence Layer
If you or your company are involved with the below you should fit into our description of an ideal candidate:
Home Entertainment (NOT game developers)
Lighting and Energy efficiency
Appliance Configuration and Integration
We are broadly looking at early-stage/seed-stage companies but very open to high-quality later stage companies.
Please go to www.microsoftventures.com to signup and learn more about the program.
(This was reposted from our legacy platform. Therefore, old comments will not be present.)